Wacky Wednesday: Hot Applesauce and Cherry Slushies

It's that time again! Crazy stuff I've saved just for you:

The busiest site on my facebook feed is Buy Nothing. Here, someone is offering a free Christmas tree from their yard. Just come on over and cut it down!


Also being offered on Buy Nothing. Possibly a horror movie prop?


Realtor.com always offers interesting listings. I have so many questions about this million dollar home.


This purple limo passed us on the highway. I wish I could tell you that Purple Rain was playing on the radio.


On my final day of checking that my mother's condo was ready to be listed, I opened all the kitchen cupboards to make sure we hadn't missed anything and I found another stockpile of applesauce. The good news is that I closed on the sale last week. What a relief!


Since when did mattress pad manufacturers put anti-theft devices on their bags? I was home before I noticed this, making it impossible to unzip the bag and get to the pad. Fortunately, I was able to take a pair of scissors and cut the bag open, but what the heck?


While Christmas shopping for my 6 year old grandson, I came across this Hot Wheel for ages 14+
What the what? I can’t imagine any explanation for this.


Anyone else use those green paper recycling bins that are in school and church parking lots? The ones with signs all over them asking people to flatten all cardboard? It never fails that I open the bin and find this. People are so damn lazy.


I came across this while reading a library book. Thank you library patron for my laugh that day.



I just recently saw this. Whether it's real or not, it's how I feel about weather forecasts. It's winter. No one is surprised that it's snowing. And put a coat on!


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh. Thank goodness no one preheated the oven before realzing. Sheesh. Congrats on the closing. I imagine that is a huge relief.

    Is that a cabbage patch doll wearing a clown mask? Did someone just want a tree removed and not want to pay to have it removed? Why is that car so 'racey' that it's only age appropriate for the over 14 set? So nuts. I'm thinking I should check out the Buy Nothing in my area for the laugh. The cherry slushie note is so funny. "Not blood."

    The forecast does seems fake, but it does make me chuckle. He isn't wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it’s a huge relief. Now I’m trying to figure out her taxes😵‍💫 You’re right, it does look like a Cabbage Patch doll with a mask. Creepy! I did think someone just wanted free tree removal! Can you resend the invitation to your blog? I’m not able to add it to my reading list from the other email account. Send invite to: iamcocotte@gmail.com and I’ll try again!

      Delete
    2. I just sent it with that email address. It's a pain, I know. Thanks for trying.

      Delete
  2. OMG, that clown doll FREAKED ME OUT! I have such a fear of clowns. Perhaps because of Stephen Kings' "It"? But even before than (like when my family would go to a circus), clowns just horrified me.

    That miliion dollar home looks like dance studio. I love how open and airy it is. It would make a cool studio apartment that could be divided into different sections.

    That oven looks so much like one of microwaves, in which I store odds and ends to make more room in my kitchen cabinets

    "The good news is that I closed on the sale last week. What a relief!"

    *thunderous applause*

    Bravo!

    I had one of those anti-theft devices hidden in the armpit area of a new leather coat for MONTHS before I realized it was even there. I couldn't figure out why I was setting off the alarm in every store I walked in. Lol!

    " It never fails that I open the bin and find this. People are so damn lazy."

    We have one of those at work. And yes, people are so damn lazy.

    That message in the book is HILARIOUS! (and thoughtful).

    For some reason, I feel like that weather clip is fake. It reads like a SNL skit.

    FUN post! I never even knew there was a site called Buy Nothing. Gotta' look for it.

    Have a great rest of your week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron! I actually liked clowns at the circus when I was a kid, but they do seem nefarious now. I question the realtor who took a picture of that living space. A child safety gate blocking that fridge and desk? A suitcase used as a coffee table in the middle of the room with no other furniture nearby? So weird! And that wall color!?!

      You store stuff in your microwave? Do you not use the microwave? I laughed at your description of wearing the coat and setting off security alarms! 🤣🤣🤣 Sounds like something I would do!

      There is a Buy Nothing Facebook group for most towns. I joined the one for my city and have gotten rid of stuff from my mom’s condo that I couldn’t donate to charities, like bowling balls and Febreeze! You wouldn’t believe how quickly people respond! Like in minutes whenever I post something. But there are a lot of strange things (opened food, worn out shoes) that people post!

      Have a great rest of your week! XO

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do store stuff in my microwave, but I should have explained. I have TWO microwaves - one I use for cooking, the other to store stuff in. X

      Delete
    3. That is something I wasn’t expecting from you. Sounds like a system!

      Delete
  3. I always loved clowns but as I've gotten older they do creep me out a bit. I have so many questions about that house and the agent. For a million dollar house they should have done a bit of staging. The message in the library book cracked me up. What a thoughtful person to point that out. YAY on the house closing. I know that has to be a huge relief to you and your family. Congratulations!! That weather forecast is hilarious even if it is fake. You know how weather reporters grate on my last nerve with their dramatics so this is spot on with how I feel about them. Hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years back, I did an entire post (or two?) with photos I collected from realtor.com. So much crazy. It's hard to understand why an agent would take photos of some of this stuff. My mom's condo was empty, but even the agent/photographer changed how I had some of the blinds opened to either get better lighting, or so that the pictures looked nicer. I did think of you when I saw that weather report on Tiktoc, so I knew I had to post it. Would you believe my throat started hurting again over the weekend? It's better now, but I'm beginning to think I have Long Flu or something. So strange.

      Delete
  4. Okay that doll is creepy. Who'd want that inside their home? *shudder*

    Years ago I remember an older gentleman, a widower, who lived near my mother and he never used his dishwasher so he used the space to store canned goods. Your mother's oven reminded me of that. Glad the place has sold, a relief for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't follow up to see if anyone claimed that doll, but seeing how people are clamoring for all this free stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it was scooped up within the hour. My mom didn't use her dishwasher either and I did find a package of dishwasher tablets inside. They could be 15 years old, but I'm using them!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! All that applesauce stored in your mom's oven! I'm glad you're done with the condo. It's a relief! The picture of the library book reminded me of one I saw with chocolate on it and someone wrote "don't worry..just chocolate" on it. I enjoyed all the other pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely had a penchant for applesauce which I don't remember from when I was growing up. I guess it was just easy and convenient for her. Oh man, that is too funny about the chocolate in the book!!!!

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy your odds & ends posts, Bijoux, and good news on the sale of your mom's condo as you did work hard to clear it out. Guessing she was a big fan of applesauce or just liked stockpiling it. Loved the purple limo as it was in my favorite color. The recycling rooms here in the mill apartments are often quite atrocious especially when residents toss things in on the floor and don't put them in the bins, how lazy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why she kept buying applesauce, but I suspect she thought it was just an easy snack. Purple is my favorite color as well. It’s sad that so many people just don’t care about leaving a mess for others.

      Delete
  7. The cherry slushie made me laugh so hard. I would do something like that. Oh man. I needed to laugh. Especially after that terrifying clown....

    I'm so glad your mother's home sold. That is such a relief! Now, go get a cherry slushy and add some wine to it. 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that a funny note? I couldn't believe it when I came across it. Wine is always a good idea! XO

      Delete
  8. My kids lived that book "Wacky Wednesday"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutting down a tree from someone's yard, that's defiantly different. The clown is creepy. The house is just plain weird. Purple limo......egads. People are lazy. I think everytime I see someone leave their empty grocery cart in the parking lot instead of walking 3 feet to put it in the designated area. Applesauce in the oven, oh my. And so much of it. Congrats on getting the house sold. I know what a huge relief that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are SO lazy. I think laziness is the root issue of so many problems in society. Thank you, it feels good to check off that condo from my to do list.

      Delete
  10. Your mother was seriously keen on apple sauce! As you say, it's pure laziness not to flatten your cardboard rubbish. Re weather forecasts, they seem to be wrong almost as often as they're right. There's still no substitute for looking out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t remember her eating applesauce when I was growing up, so I think she just started buying it because it was a convenient snack. I agree; just look out the window.

      Delete
  11. Maybe it's just my monitor, but the limo looks more pink than purple to me. It's probably Greta Gerwig or Margot Robbie.

    The clown doll is clearly a cursed object that some desperate person is trying to unload, along with its unholy influence, on anyone naïve enough to accept it. Who knows what hellish fate awaits them.

    Shoplifting is a chronic problem these days. They can't risk somebody slipping a mattress into their pocket and walking off with it.

    The cardboard recycling receptacle where I live is dumpster-sized, but you can only put things into it through a slit about two inches wide. That ensures that everybody flattens their boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you are definitely a clown hater! Can you imagine someone trying to steal a mattress pad? Or maybe they just don’t want people taking it out of the packaging to look at? Annoying, either way. I’ve not seen a recycling bin with just a slit. That would make it hard to dump my weekly paper bag of junk mail.

      Delete
    2. Junk mail is a real nuisance. I wish the junk mail companies were efficient enough to mail their stuff directly to the paper recycling facilities so we regular people didn't have the hassle of recycling it -- cutting out the middleman, so to speak.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that would be most helpful!!!!

      Delete
  12. Wow, all that applesauce in the oven. I'm glad you were able to list the house. That doll is a little bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody likes a clown doll, that’s for sure.

      Delete
  13. That is quite the collection of applesauce. And what an awesome thing to find in the library book. Definitely LOL. Purple Rain should be playing all the time while that limo is in motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that someone took the time to leave the note in the book. Don’t you miss Prince?

      Delete
  14. That's one way to get someone else to come cut down a tree in your yard for free LOL! I love my Buy Nothing group. I've gotten a lot a cool things from there lately.

    Congrats on closing on the house! I bet a weight has been lifted off your shoulders!

    I've had to drive back to stores and have them remove those stupid tags before. Irritates me to no end when that happens. Glad you were able to remove it without issue.

    John Crist I think the comedian's name is? He's a funny guy. Used to do religious skits often and pandered to the Christian community with his jokes but ended up in a sex scandal a few years back so he doesn't really ride the religious joke wave anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve unloaded a lot of stuff on Buy Nothing, but have ever been able to claim anything. People respond within minutes and I’m only on FB about twice a day. Plus, I don’t allow notifications from anything. It’s super irritating to have to drive back to get a security tag removed. And doesn’t it prove they don’t work if we walk out of the store with them? I had no idea the guy was a comedian on that video. Ugh on the sex scandal!

      Delete
    2. Our group steered away from the Buy Nothing platform because the admins didn't agree with the founders of the Buy Nothing concept and how they are all about making a ton of money off of the idea, so they changed it to a gifting group. They have a rule that you can't pick a recipient until the post is 24 hours old, so that helps everyone get an equal shot.

      Delete
    3. Wow, I didn’t know anyone made money off the platform, but I’m just not current on that stuff anymore. Glad to hear there’s a better way.

      Delete
  15. Mattress pad theft is a growing global concern. SOMETHING has to be done to put an end to such thievery!

    Love the cherry slushy comment. I'd have questioned mysterious red droplets in a book myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm dying at the Cherry Slushy note! Hilarious.
    I'm so happy you were able to sell your mom's place; what a relief. Crazy about the applesauce: What in the world. Thank goodness you didn't preheat the oven...
    The Christmas Tree. People are crazy.
    That million dollar house looks like a shit hole to me. :(
    The weather man has had it UP TO HERE. Have you seen the Weather guy on Instagram who adds in song lyrics to his spiel? he's so funny! https://www.instagram.com/p/C1-Nd_UJX9M/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t that house atrocious? I have seen some really bad decor and designs in million dollar homes. Nobody has told them that less is more. I HAVE seen the song lyric weather guy on Instagram. Probably since I follow you, it was recommended 🤓

      Delete
  17. I havent seen purple limo before. Looks really interesting. I am going to get its picture from your blogsite to show it to my friends. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a sight. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. That purple limo was a trip. I wonder who was riding in that thing.

    Gotta check out that Buy Nothing site.

    The weather man thing looked bogus, but I got a kick out of it. Years ago, Dan Rather was covering a hurricane and he was outside for real--and holding on to a tree for dear life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy Nothing is crazy, but I still check it out. Dan Rather . . . 😩

      Delete
  19. That seems so odd to look for some random person to come cut a tree down in your yard. It seems like a bad idea to invite a stranger to your home with an excuse to show up with an ax or saw! And even if you don't get a psycho, it seems like there could be some liability involved.

    Maybe (hopefully) there's a cute Cabbage Patch Doll under that creepy clown mask.

    That's great that your mom's condo is sold! You must be relieved to have dealt with all of that. Her applesauce hoarding reminds me of my grandmother's fruit cocktail hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There’s some bizarre business going on with some of those Buy Nothing posts. Fruit cocktail hoarding?? Oh boy!

      Delete

Post a Comment