Everybody's Doing It!

I'm stealing this from Lime. She always answers these surveys in a more creative way than I do, so go check hers out too.

1. Did you date someone from your school? I dated two boys from my HS. One for a few months, but then he moved the summer before our senior year and the other one was a single date. I thought he was going to ask me to prom, but then he got back together with his old girlfriend, the homecoming queen. He ended up at the same university as me and tried to ask me out a couple of times, but I refused!

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Nope.

3. Did you car pool to school? My next-door neighbor often took me to school, as my parents wouldn't let me drive to school. He had one 8-track, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and everytime I hear that song, I think of my old neighbor.

4. What kind of car did you have? I drove a 1972 forest green Chevy Nova.

5. What kind of car do you have now? A Honda Odyssey, that bronze color that everyone seems to have.

6. It's Friday night...where are you (then)? HS football game, then cruising the strip in our town, then to the drive-in to see and be seen, then "bolting," which is an activity I invented in HS. Maybe I will post about it someday.

7. It is Friday night...where are you (now)? I often go to the wine tasting at a local wine shop. Husband says he would have enjoyed being bolted by me back in the day.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Receiving room clerk at a women's clothing store.

9. What kind of job do you do now? SAHM, but I'm looking for part-time employment.

10. Were you a party animal? Not so much, but I'm sure my friends would have some stories for you.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Probably not in HS, but definitely in college.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir for a few years, but dropped out when I thought it was uncool.

13. Were you a nerd? I did take AP classes, so I had many nerdy friends. I really have no idea if people thought I was a nerd. I had friends from many different walks of life.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Not even close, so I guess I was a nerd!

15. Can you sing the fight song? I don't recall any fight song. Our class song was AC/DC's "Back In Black," and I know the words to that.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? I always liked the male teachers because they seemed much nicer than the females. It would be hard to choose one, but I'll go with Mr. Kegg because of his cool name and the easy A's you could get taking Cultural and World Geography.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? With my group of friends at the same table every day. We had lunch in the commons area at small round tables.
18. What did you eat at lunch? I usually got the salad bar. I can still remember what my friends got, because it seemed like they ate the same thing everyday.

19. When did you graduate? 1981

20. What was your school mascot? A very non-PC native american who carried a tomahawk.

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? In a heartbeat.

22. Did you have fun at Prom? I didn't go.......see #1

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Obviously not....but I am facebook friends with the guy who moved away.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Considering I helped plan the 20th reunion, I will likely attend any future reunions.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? I still keep in touch with at least 25 friends. I'm one of those friends-for-life kind of people.

Comments

  1. Nice to know somebody besides me enjoyed high school. . .

    I was pretty much a nerd, altho I was probably perceived as one more than what I really was - I wasn't completely asocial. Heck, I even played some football. . .

    I have the Prom Story From Hell. I suppose I'll have to tell it sometime. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. More insight into your adolensence. High school was different time for all of us.

    BTW I drove a brown Ford Pinto Station wagon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this. I, too, would have a hard time knowing if I was a Nerd. I had friends from all the "crowds" except the preppy, popular, partiers (Triple P's??) but seemed to attract more than a fair share of stoners and odd-balls. Who knows?

    I guess if I actually managed to attend a reunion, I could ask, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your class song was "Back in Black"! That entire album was pretty much the soundtrack to my high school experience. I can't believe I don't own it. Probably because I never had to buy it because everyone I knew was playing their copy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you at least had a cool class song. ours was that smarmy styx song "the best of times."

    also glad someone out there enjoyed high school. i sure didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think our 'Class Song', such as it was, was 'Nights In White Satin'. Yeah, right. . .

    But then, we were the class (remember, this was '73, which was really the culmination of all the silliness of the '60s) who were too hip to do something as 'establishment' as electing class officers. . .

    And our 'Class Flower' was the pansy. . . (You can't make this stuff up, y'know?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desmond - You definitely have to post about the prom date.

    Mike - A Pinto station wagon? My sympathies on that one!

    Flutter - I just know we would have been buds in HS!

    FADKOG - We thought we were so cool with the AC/DC winning out over Journey!

    Lime - I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed HS either if my class had voted in a Styx song!

    Desmond - In 1973, my 5th grade class picketed a mean indoor recess teacher. I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I graduated in '81, too! But I have remained in contact with a very few people from high school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun lil meme! ... cool to learn this add'l info about your HS days.... but choir was NOT uncool! lol ;P
    Your class song was "Back in Black"? LOL, that rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog post brought back some great memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment