Let's Talk Tuesday: 25 Things I Love

The idea for the post comes from my friend Kari at A Grace Full Life. Click on the link to read about some of her favorite things. I was intimidated by the number 100, so I'm starting small and will return to the topic in the near future. Without further ado, here are 25 things I love:

1. Hearing the opening notes of a favorite song on the radio.

2. Magic Erasers

3. The Library

4. A piece of 92% dark chocolate with a glass of a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.

5. A perfect white calla lily.

6. Sirius XM First Wave, the only place to hear gems like this:

7. The wackiness of a lot of modern art.

8. Smelling Starbucks on my coat after I've left the shop, which is more than I enjoy their coffee.

9. Finding a photograph I haven't seen in ages.

10. When I hear my husband pull in the garage to pick me up for Friday night date night.

11. When my 3 year old granddaughter whispers to me that her koala bear beanie baby doesn't really talk.

12. Walking around my neighborhood at night to see Christmas lights.

13. A champagne flight like this:

14. That first gust of warm air on my face after flying somewhere to escape Cleveland winters.

15. When I wake up and realize I slept 7 hours straight (very rare).

16. Elin Hilderbrand books.

17. Jeans that fit me, meaning they are long enough and don't gap in the back at the waist. I own 3 pair.

18. When all my kids and grandkids are here at the same time.

19. Cream sticks with chocolate icing. Also called long johns by weirdos.

20. People who accept NO as your answer without questioning it.

21. Complimenting a stranger on his/her appearance or skill.

22. Under Armour flare leg yoga pants.

23. The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City (don't judge). "I love that!"

24. The Everything Iconic podcast with Danny Pellegrino because a) he's originally from Cleveland, b) his Real Housewives recaps are hilarious, and c) his rants on random things like Nespresso machines are truly iconic.

25. California (yes, the entire state)

How many do you concur with? What are some things you love?

Comments

  1. I've done things about me lists and answered various questions over the years. A current post on 'things I love' sounds fun so I might do it too.
    That's a great song... I'm swaying and singing along!
    Can't take them anymore... but, did used to watch RHONJ.
    Ooh, I want a champagne flight... soon! Actually, I think I've only ever had two 'flights'... one beer, and maybe a wine one. That needs to change! ;)
    Neat post, thanks for sharing things you love.
    ~Mary
    OH WOW, I think I'm now logged in and able to comment like before. That's something I love! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my reply never posted? We love flights here, mostly the liquid ones and not the airplane ones!

      Delete
  2. I love a lot of those things, too! Nothing feels better when I have both my kids and my grandkids in the same room! I used to watch all of the Real Housewives shows (so no judging from me!) now just a couple of them. I'll have to check out that podcast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice when everyone is in town AND not sick! I only watch RHOSLC currently. I may or may not continue Beverly Hills and Orange County, depending on who is on them. There have been too many women I can't tolerate in recent seasons.

      Delete
  3. My favorite on your list is feeling the warm air on your face when you get out of "Dodge" to escape the winters cold. As you know we're enjoying that currently. We've had some days a bit cool, but still warmer than our Ohio, and the sun...you know that yellow thing in the sky we in Ohio often don't see much of has come out. Our date night is Sat instead of Friday; but am with you on the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best feeling to get out of Dodge??? I'm glad you are enjoying warmer weather elsewhere. Usually, anything is better than here in the winter! We get so excited when we actually see the sun.

      Delete
  4. LOVE this post because in all the years we've known each other, it's wonderful to discover new things that I never knew about you!

    OMG, OMG, OMG...aren't Magic Erasers the BOMB? I discovered them many years ago and found them to be the BEST for scuffs marks on the walls, doors, and floor. Love them!

    You're #4 would be mine too. BIG time!

    Love Tears for Fears too! My fave is "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - such great memories!

    "When I wake up and realize I slept 7 hours straight (very rare)." Meeeeeeeeeee too! I sleep more like 5 hours straight. Sometimes only 4.

    " Complimenting a stranger on his/her appearance or skill" Me too! And I especially like to do that to older (mature) women with gray or salt and pepper hair because I think it's beautiful!

    What a fun, fun, post! X I think I may do this on my blog next month.

    -But I will leave you with one of my favorite things - Pizza Margherita, coupled with a side salad and several glasses of a dark, dry red wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic Erasers are THE BEST! My son was amazed when I showed him how to use one to clean wine stains off his kitchen counters from the previous owner. Worked like a charm. And they are the only thing that works on my tile floor. Mopping and steam cleaning do not really pick up the dirt. But what a lot of work. I will just do a half dozen tile squares at a time.

      How ironic about the salt and pepper hair because yesterday I was going to compliment the cashier at my grocer about that, but then I got distracted and left without telling her how much I liked her hair. I will next time!

      I love Margherita pizzas with dry red wine, too. Soooo yummy! If only it helped us sleep longer! Have a great week, Ron! XO

      Delete
  5. Hi Bijoux! I love your list. Reading # 10, I said AWE to myself. So sweet!! The library has always been one of my favorite places and still is. I would be one of the weirdo's that grew up calling them Long Johns. I've actually never heard them called cream sticks. Interesting. I used to watch RHONJ and a couple of others but some of the women have totally lost it so gave it up. My guilty pleasure now is Family Kharma. I love that show. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love to go on dates with my spouse. We always have so much fun together! LOL on you calling them Long Johns. I never heard anyone call them that when I was growing up, but I do see that name used occasionally at bakeries. Must be a regional thing. I agree, RHONJ really jumped the shark, so to speak. Such awful people. It's fun to find a show you really enjoy.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE THIS. You probably already knew this. 😂
    I also love First Wave on Pandora.
    Salt Lake City is one of my favorite franchises, and I've seen almost all of them.
    I didn't know Danny Pellegrino was from Cleveland!
    I, too, am a fan of cream sticks! I've never found a bakery here that makes donuts or cream sticks as good as my small town Ohio grocery store bakery.
    Thank you for sharing! On a dreary Tuesday, this was a fun read. 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did know! 🤣 I will have to look up First Wave on Pandora. I get excited when I hear a song I haven’t heard in 35 years and then it shocks me that it was 35 years ago. RHOSLC is also my favorite. My old favorite was Dallas. It is hard to find a good cream stick. Oddly, I had an excellent one at Cedar Point about 10 years ago. I only remember because I was with friends chaperoning our sons’ high school marching band and I got the last cream stick at the shop and my friends razzed me about it for years. We still laugh about it, but I was glad I was ahead of them in line because it was a darned good cream stick.

      Delete
  7. I share your love of wackiness in modern art, sleeping for seven hours straight (also rare), hearing the opening notes of a favourite song (and hopefully the whole song!), and finding an old photograph. For things I find beautiful and things I enjoy, go to https://nickhereandnow.blogspot.com/2017/12/waxing-lyrical.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see I commented on that post, sharing our love of modern art! It brings me joy, just thinking about the creativity and originality.

      Delete
  8. I have to object to #25, I only find some of California appealing. Definitely not coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love San Diego. And Orange County. And especially Napa/Sonoma.

      Delete
  9. This is such a fun list; we have so much in common.
    First Wave is one of my favorite XM channels; it takes me back!

    "I love that!" I knew Jen Shaw was guilty, did you? And Meredith gets on my nerves...
    I've not listened to Danny's podcast yet, but I should. I do love "Two T's In a Pod" with Teddi and Tamara; they're funny. Also, do you listen to Jeff Lewis Has Issues? He and his crew crack me up!

    I get so excited seeing/finding an old photo that I've never seen, or that I've forgotten too.

    Jeans that fit you are the best ever too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are Girls of the ‘80’s!!! LOL, like how could that woman be innocent!? She’s a hot mess. I used to really like Meredith, but she was lousy this season. I have listened to both of those podcasts, but not on a regular basis. Some of Jeff Lewis’ Bravo TV show were the most hilarious moments on TV. He’s a hot mess, but at least realizes it. I’ve been going through tons of old photos from my mom’s basement. Some amazing finds!

      Delete
  10. Popping over after seeing your comments regularly at my fav blogs. I agree that 100 would be daunting . . . I love summer - I'm off work and my college crew is home, plus Chicago warm weather is my happy place. I, too, like jetting somewhere warm to escape winter. I'm tall and I totally agree with the love of finiding long-enough jeans, hard to comeby. My current fav is AG jeans. I also love a solid night sleep, which I'm getting more consistently after messing with my diet. The granddaughter whisper is so sweet. I've never had a flight of wine or champaign. Something to order in the future, perhaps. Sadly, I've never been to California, but would love to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to find jeans that are long enough. You need to have some flights, both of the alcohol and trip variety! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  11. Oh, these lists were a staple of blog-space back when I started 17 years ago. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were lots of fun ‘memes’ and such back then. Remember Blogger House?

      Delete
  12. Number nineteen. Girl that is an ECLAIR!!!! And I could eat a dozen of them right now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, an eclair for me LOOKS like a cream stick, but it’s not. An eclair is made with an eggy dough like a cream puff and is filled with yellow custard like pudding. Definitely different than a donut cream stick up here.

      Delete
  13. Dark chocolate with a glass of red wine! I've never tried that and for the life of me I don't know why I haven't. I've never read anything by Elin Hilderbrand, yet I know she's popular. And as for Long Johns I've never heard them called anything but that. We're a bunch of weirdos down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark chocolate and red wine is the perfect combo. I’ve had wine/chocolate flights at wineries in Napa and it’s a real treat. I will never understand calling a donut the same thing as underwear.

      Delete
  14. I love the magic erasers. They are great. I grew up in California and traveled all over so yes I love that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. California is a fun place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to pay the taxes.

      Delete
  15. I love so many of those things too. I am going to practice more on complementing strangers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s such an easy thing to do and makes you both feel good. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  16. I'm with you with dark chocolate and with California, such an interesting state with a wonderful coastline and the Sierras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly has so much diversity. Love the redwoods, too!

      Delete
  17. I love 8 and 10. 11 made me laugh. Adorable! 21. I enjoy that too. More people should do that. Living in CA, I'm not sure I agree with loving it, but it's fairly decent. Haha. I concur with you on more than these, like the library for sure, but I've listed my abs. faves here. :) And I guess, as per usual, I'm only listed as Anonymous for my first comment. After that, hopefully the blog gods will deign to list my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe you used the word, ‘deign.’ I love that! I never hear it used and then you post it AND someone used it in an episode of Succession I watched last night. The world would be so much better if people did 21 on a regular basis.

      Delete
  18. A pretty good list, Bijoux. I like this idea and I might have to borrow it. 1, 3, 9 and 15 are definitely some things I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many things I like on your list! Especially the dark chocolate and wine! I'll list 5 of my favorite things:

    1. Rainy days where I can curl up with a cozy blanket, a hot tea, and a good book
    2. New socks. I love the feel of new soft socks on my feet
    3. Twinnings Darjeeling Tea. It's one I always have to have on hand
    4. European Chocolate. My friend Dezzy sends me some every year and it is so much better than American chocolate
    5. Highland Cows. I will have a mini farm some day with 3 or 4 of them I will devote all of my time to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours are so interesting! I can’t say I’ve ever noticed new socks feeling any different, but I have sock issues. LOL! I’m not sure I’ve had Darjeeling tea. What is the flavor? You and your cows! I hope it happens for you sooner than later.

      Delete
    2. I think new socks are soft and smooth before they've been washed over and over again. Kind of like a new sweatshirt that has that soft lining inside that becomes not so soft after several washes.
      Darjeeling is just a black tea, but less bitter than other black teas.
      Fingers crossed on that farm. We're getting close, but these darn interest rates and the economy really need to swing in the other direction before we get serious about making any offers.

      Delete
  20. Beautiful list dear friend. Bye the way, Number-9, ı found one of my mom's photo, while cleaning. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that was a nice find! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  21. I love so many of your choices, Bijoux and I really love this concept of listing your favorite things. It can teach you so much about gratitude.

    Some of my favorite things include music from the Eighties, movies from the Forties and plenty of Prosecco to keep things bubbling along.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s good stuff, Rob. Have a bubbly week!

      Delete
  22. I'm totally with you about the library! I've never heard of a champagne flight before, but that sounds nice. I also love Magic Erasers. They do the best job on the bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hi, Danielle! I’ve missed you! I like to use the magic erasers on my stainless steel kitchen sink. They make it shine.

      Delete
  23. What a fun list to read, Bijoux, and I am with you on a number of these including the library, dark chocolate and wine (Prosecco, please), family time together, Sirius, neighborhood walks (in my case downtown ones), also commutable socks and shoes, snuggling under a soft blanket, the smell of lavender, a cup of tea, good read, vintage films (especially black and white and film noir), day trips with no special destination, spending time with Grenville.....and many more. As Rob commented earlier making a list like this shows us how much we have tp be thankful for, even the little things which many times matter the most!

    Enjoy your weekend, my blogger friend, and especially Friday night date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much for reading a contributing more things to love. I have grown to love lavender, even though I normally detest floral scents. Tonight might just be a trip to Lowe’s for date night, but we shall see.

      Delete
  24. What a fun post. I agree with the library; lily; I don’t have a husband but I love your #10, ditto 11 and 12; a good night’s sleep; #21
    When my Ozzie daughter visits I love the sound of her and eldest daughter talking and laughing. I love birdsong, perfume and flowers, and lots of other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your dollhouses, Polly. They are so creative! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  25. 3, 4, 9, 10 (though I'll substitute Tara for your husband!), and 15 for sure. A few others are strong contenders...but definitely not California. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I realize it's not a great place to live, but what a wonderful state to visit.

      Delete
  26. "Finding a photograph I haven't seen in ages..." that sure puts a smile on my face. It's also the great thing about printed photographs. You can touch them, hold them in your hands.

    Hope you're doing fine,
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Blue! I'm doing well. Been going through my grandmother's photographs and found some real gems!

      Delete

Post a Comment